Learn how to make Highway Chicken Curry Recipe at home with Chef Smita on Get Curried. Wants to try proper Highway dabba style Chicken Curry at the comfort of your home, then try our recipe of Highway Chicken Curry by Chef Smita. Absolutely rustic and spicy this Chicken curry will certainly remind you of your favourite Dhaba on the highways. The speciality of this curry is its spiciness. The Gravy is neither too thick or too thin. The Amount of ginger and garam masala used in this recipe is what makes it rich and flavoursome.
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 Inch|
|Onions||3 , chop|
|Tomatoes||2 , chop|
|Water||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) , divided (in total)|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seed powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seed powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chillies||2 , chop|
|Ginger sticks||1 Inch , julienned|
1. Let's start with Chicken marination for which take Chicken in the bowl in which add Garlic Paste, Ginger Paste, Yogurt, Salt. Next, mix it together properly and keep it aside for 1/2 hour.
2. In the meantime add Oil in the Cast Iron (Kadai), Bay Leaves, Inch Cinnamon Stick, Cardamoms, Cloves, Pepper Corns, Onion (chopped).
3. Next, saute this for 3-4 minutes then add Ginger, Garlic & Green Chillies (chopped) saute it again till the Onions are completely brown. Now add Tomatoes (chopped) and cook them for few moments then add Water after that add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Seed Powder, Cumin Seed Powder.
4. Next, saute this for a minute and add Water, Marinated Chicken (as shown in the video) mix it properly and then add Garam Masala Powder saute this for a minute then add Water, Salt mix it properly.
5. Next, cover the lid and let it close for 20 minutes on a medium flame. After 20 minutes keep the hot coal with Ghee in the small serving bowl in the middle of the Chicken on Kadai (as shown in the video) then cover it completely and leave it for 30 to 45 minutes. After 45 minutes get the Small Katori out. Next, let's make the Tempering (Tadka) for which add Ghee with Green Chillies (chopped) & 1 Inch Ginger (julienne) saute it for a minute till the colour turn to golden. Next, add the Tempering (Tadka) with the Highway Chicken Curry mix it one last time.
6. Your Highway Chicken Curry is ready to serve.