The hardest part of this recipe is spelling Mediterranean correctly. This salad is simple, it borrows from ingredients and flavours from the region from the salad to the pan fried crusty Chicken on top. This has it all - Chicken, Greens, Tomatoes, Olives, Pine nuts, beans and is tossed in a homemade dressing - its perfect!
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1/2 , juice extracted|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon , divided (in total)|
|Chilli powder||2 Teaspoon , divided (Aleppo Chilli powder, in total)|
|Dried mint||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon , divided (in total)|
|Chicken breasts||2 (1 lb each)|
|Spice||1 Tablespoon (Chicken Shawarma spice)|
|Pomegranate molasses||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cubed cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced olives||2 Tablespoon|
|Pickled turnip||2 Tablespoon (arabic style)|
|Cubed green bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted chickpeas||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
2. Make slits in the chicken breasts and mix together with the marinade.
3. Pan-fry the chicken breasts on both sides till cooked.
4. Mix together all the salad ingredients and toss with as much dressing as per your taste
5. Serve with the chicken and enjoy.