Think the grill is only for meats and veggies? Think again! Grilling watermelon changes the flavor and makes it more savory and the perfect side. This easy to make recipe is different, easy, and great for a Summer cookout!
|Seedless watermelon||1/2 (sliced into 1 in thick slices)|
|Avocado||1 (cut in half and seed removed)|
|Red onion||1/4 , thinly sliced|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Queso fresco cheese crumbled||2 Ounce|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Limes||2 , juiced|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Grapeseed oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat your grill or grill pan to high heat.
2. Once hot, add the watermelon and avocado to the grill. Let the watermelon cook for about 2-4 minutes on each side and the avocado only about 4 minutes.
3. Once cooked take off the grill and let them cool. You can also chill them in the fridge if you’d like!
4. Cut the watermelon into chunks as well as the avocado. Add to a bowl and top with the thinly sliced red onion, chopped fresh cilantro, and queso fresco.
5. In a small bowl add the lime zest, lime juice, Dijon, honey, salt, and pepper. Mix together while adding in the grapeseed oil.
6. Pour the vinaigrette over the watermelon salad, toss, and serve!