Without the heavy carbs - this salad makes a great side dish!
|Chicken breast||2 Large (roasted or poached|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Green bell pepper||1|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large|
|Chopped coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole egg mayonnaise||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot chilli||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. So to start with get your vegetables and herbs ready - I’m using 1 green and 1 red bell pepper or capsicum, 1/2 red onion and 2 tomatoes all diced up. Plus I have a handful of fresh cilantro or coriander chopped up as well. Now these give us the base for great flavour and freshness in this salad. So once you have them prepped just leave them aside and we’ll get started on the dressing.
2. Into a large bowl add in 2 tablespoons of whole egg mayonnaise followed by 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
3. Next for some heat add in 1/4 teaspoon of hot chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, season with salt and pepper and finally add in the juice of 1/2 lime. Give everything a good mix around until combined and taste for seasoning.
4. Now add in the vegetables and herbs to the dressing and then our protein - in my case I’m using chicken breast that I have roasted the day before and had leftover. But if you had shrimp or prawns, or even some meaty fish would work too. All I have done to the chicken breast is cut it into large chunks and place them in the the vegetables and dressing.
5. Now give everything a good mix around until well combined, taste to see if you need more lime juice or cilantro and you’re ready to go.
6. This can be chilled in the fridge to serve as a side dish, or heated up in a panini for a toasted sandwich that will rock your world - either way its simply delicious!