This delicious Prawn curry has a smooth and luscious gravy that is great with some rice for a hearty lunch.
|Chopped onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded fresh coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped ginger||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||10 Tablespoon (or as much needed)|
|Green chilli||1 , slitted|
|Tamarind pulp||1 Tablespoon (soaked in 1/2 cup warm water)|
|Chopped coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnish)|
1. Clean and deseed the dry chilies and add to a food processor onion, coconut, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander & turmeric, and process.
2. Add as much water as you need to make a nice smooth paste
3. Shell and devein your prawn.
4. In a pot, heat up some oil and add the shells followed by some water – this is optional to draw some nice stock out of the shells.
5. Discard the shells and add all the ground paste and allow to heat.
6. Add the green chilli and salt to taste.
7. Add the kokum petals and tamarind.
8. Add the prawn or shrimp and cook for a few minutes.
9. Garnish with coriander and serve.