Hakka Chinese food is very popular in India and all over the world. Chinese immigrants brought their delicious recipes from their homeland to their adopted country, India. From there it took on spices and flavors popular with the Indian people and morphed into a new delicious version.
|Chicken breasts||3 (2 lbs / 900 gms)|
|Minced ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion petals||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Green chillies||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli paste||4 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (200 mL)|
|Cornstarch slurry||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (or as needed)|
|Sliced spring onion||1/4 (only bulbs)|
|Garnishes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (chopped spring onions and coriander leaves)|
1. Cut the chicken into small chunks.
2. In a wok heat some oil and saute the ginger and garlic.
3. Add the green chilli followed by the chicken.
4. Add half the chilli paste, soya & ketchup and saute.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Add the rest of the chilli paste, soya & ketchup.
7. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
8. Add a corn starch slurry to thicken.
9. Garnish with spring onions and coriander.
10. Serve and enjoy!