Learn how to make a delicious spring roll stuffing with Chicken and spices like chilli, fish and soya sauce. Indian Chinese flavors are very popular in India.
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the filling|
|Chicken mince||1 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , chopped finely|
|Green chillies||2 Small , chopped finely|
|Spring onions||4 Medium , chopped|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon , divided|
|White mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded, chopped finely|
|Spring roll wrappers||50 Medium (as required)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl take minced chicken. Add garlic, green chillies, white and pale green part of the spring onions, dark soy sauce, red chilli paste and fish sauce. Stir well till all are well combined. Add cornstarch 1 tablespoon at a time and mix well till combined after each addition. Set aside for 1 hour.
2. In a small bowl mix flour and water to paste. Set aside.
For The Filling
3. In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add mushrooms, red pepper and green part of the spring onions. Sauté well for a few minutes or till the vegetables are tender. Transfer into a bowl.
4. In the same pan heat 1 more tablespoon of oil. Put the marinated chicken mixture and sauté well till the chicken is fully done and crisp. If lumps are being formed break them by stirring well, to get an even mixture. Transfer it into the bowl with sautéed vegetables. Mix well till combined.
For The Spring Rolls
5. Take a wrapper and place it like a diamond over the flat work surface. Spread 1 spoon of filling from one corner to the other in the center (leave the edges).
6. Take the bottom edge of the wrapper and fold it over the filling to cover it. Bring in the 2 side edges together and fold the wrapper tightly like a cigar away from you. Brush the end with flour paste and seal the spring roll. Repeat this with all the filling.
7. In a deep frying pan, heat oil till very hot. Put the spring rolls one by one and fry them till golden brown. Transfer on to paper towel to drain off excess oil.
8. In a serving platter, serve the spring rolls with dip of choice or as it is.
If not using all the spring rolls at a time, they can be stored in the freezer for later use.
Calories 185Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 152 mg6.33%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3700Calories from Fat 840
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154%
Saturated Fat 0 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3040 mg126.6%
Total Carbohydrates 580 g194%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 120 g240%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet