One of the most underrated fruits to me is plum and they're the most delicious this time of the year! These quick and easy breakfast pastries are SO good you won't even believe it. You'll want to make this recipe year round.
|Puff pastry||1 , thawed|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Almond extract||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg wash||To Taste|
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese, sugar, almond extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice until smooth.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll out the puff pastry sheet lightly.
4. With a cookie cutter or a glass cut out the puff pastry into rounds and place them on a parchment paper lined sheet tray.
5. Using a knife lightly score a border around the edges, not cutting all the way through the dough, and using a fork prick the inner circle.
6. Add a good dollop of the cream cheese mixture to the middle and spread it only in the center circle.
7. Add a few slices of plum to the top and sprinkle with the almonds.
8. Using a pastry brush lightly brush the outer circle with an egg wash, sprinkle with sugar, and put them into the preheated oven.
9. Bake until a beautiful golden brown, about 15-18 minutes depending on your oven.
10. That's it! These delicious pasties are a MUST try and the great thing is that you can change out the fruit depending on the season. These will become your go-to entertaining breakfast recipe.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1028Calories from Fat 669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.9%
Saturated Fat 26 g130%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 555 mg23.13%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet