Yummy and delicious recipe.
|For the sauce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onion/Shallot||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce||1 , chop (((use 2 peppers if want it spicy)))|
|Blackberry jam||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (((Seedless)))|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the chicken breast|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||4 , halves (((butterflied in halves)))|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose seasoning||2 Teaspoon (((Grand diamond seasoning)))|
|For mediterranean brown rice salad|
|Basmati brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) , cooked, drained|
|Low sodium chicken broth/Water||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|English cucumber||1/2 Small , chop|
|Cherry tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chop|
|Red onion||1/2 Small , chop|
|Fresh italian parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mint||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil||3 Tablespoon|
|Kalamata olives||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , halves (Optional)|
|Greek feta cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cubed (Optional)|
|All purpose seasoning||To Taste (((Grand Diamond)))|
|For the dressing|
|Fresh lemon juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
FOR THE CHIPOTLE BLACKBERRY BBQ CHICKEN
1. Finely chop the shallots and mince the garlic, keep it aside.
2. Cut the chicken breast in halves.
3. In a sauce pan heat the olive oil and sauté the onions until soft.
4. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the chipotle pepper, blackberry jam, tomato paste, honey, salt, cumin, coriander lastly the apple cider vinegar and water.
6. Stir all the ingredients well until all combined.
7. Reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
8. In the meantime heat up the grill pan or a skillet, season the chicken with grand diamond seasoning and olive oil.
9. Cook the chicken breast on each side for 6 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat.
10. Once done remove and let the chicken rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
11. Once the sauce is ready brush the desired amount onto the chicken breast.
12. Serve the chipotle blackberry bbq chicken along with Mediterranean brown rice salad on the side.
FOR THE MEDITERRANEAN BROWN RICE SALAD
1. Chop the English cucumber, fresh tomatoes, red onion, fresh Italian parsley, mint, fresh basil and keep it aside separately.
2. Slice the kalamata olives in halves, keep it aside.
3. Cube the feta cheese, optional, keep it aside until needed.
4. Rinse the rice 1-2 times until the water is clear, remove the starch and drain the water.
5. In a saucepan combine the rice, chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
6. Over medium heat bring it to a boil uncovered; allow the broth to boil just until it is at the level of the rice.
7. Reduce the heat to low, cover it with a lid and cook the rice for 20 minutes.
8. Once the rice is cooked, remove from heat and fluff it up with a fork and allow it to cool.
9. Once the rice has cooled add the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, parsley, mint, basil, olives, and cheese.
10. Taste the dish before you add the seasoning mix or salt because the olives and feta cheese contain some amount of salt in them.
11. Add the grand diamond all-purpose seasoning. Stir well.
12. In a small bowl, combine and whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
13. Add the dressing to the rice salad and stir.
14. Serve the Mediterranean brown rice salad along with chipotle bbq chicken.
15. Serve cold or at room temperature as well.
Calories 989Calories from Fat 471
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1162 mg48.42%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 51 g102%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3956Calories from Fat 1884
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 212 g326%
Saturated Fat 20 g100%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4648 mg193.68%
Total Carbohydrates 320 g106.8%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80%
Sugars 132 g
Protein 204 g408%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet