In my quest to make perfect Pakoras, Ive tried to recipe develop this a few times, but I think I finally got this perfect!
If you think that the whole Indo Chinese concept is odd trust me, Hakka Chinese cuisine is amazing. This cuisine was born when Chinese immigrants who moved to India adapted the cuisine to the Indian palate. More soya, more chilli, add some coriander and its Hakka Chinese!
|Tiger shrimps||800 Gram (raw, about 1.7 lbs)|
|Cooked salad shrimp||200 Gram (about 7 oz)|
|Schezwan sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced green chilies||4 Tablespoon|
|Sliced green onions||4 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red food coloring||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Shell and devein the Tiger Shrimp and cut into small bite-size pieces.
2. To the raw and cooked shrimp add the schezwan sauce, green chillies, minced ginger and garlic, green onion, fish sauce, salt to taste and mix well together.
3. Add food colouring if required and diced coriander and mix well.
4. Prepare the batter by mixing together the corn starch and flour and adding the water a little at a time whisking vigorously.
5. Add the salt and when ready to use mix in the baking soda.
6. Add the batter directly into the shrimp mixture and mix well.
7. Heat some oil and when hot, drop in spoonfuls of the shrimp mixture and cook for 3-5 mins.
8. Once cooked, drain on some kitchen towel.
9. Serve and enjoy!