These are trying times, and we are digging deep in our freezer to see what we have to eat. So today we are making a Freezer burnt flank steak pasta sauce. This slow simmered beef tomato sauce is pretty standard, but can we save a piece of freezer burnt meat?
|Tomatoes||3 Can (30 oz)|
|Dry oregano||To Taste|
|Hard cheese rind||1 Small|
|Pickled hot pepper||To Taste|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 280ºF.
1. In a Dutch oven or oven safe pot, sweat the onion and celery.
2. Add in the meat, and continue cooking.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients, cover and place in the oven.
4. Check occasionally to see if you need to add more liquid.
5. It’s done anytime after 3 hours have passed.
6. Before serving remove the cheese rind. Serve over pasta or bread.