This cashew chicken is healthy and so easy to make for dinner on those busy nights!
|Boneless skinless chicken thighs||500 Gram|
|Sea salt||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||1 1/2 Tablespoon ((for frying))|
|Red bell pepper||2 Medium|
|Roasted cashews||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chilli garlic hot sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Rice wine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 1/2 Tablespoon ((including garnish))|
|Chopped green onions||To Taste ((for garnish))|
1. So into a wok or a large pan I add coconut oil, let it melt down and bring it up to a high heat, you want the wok smoking - nothing is burning but you want that high heat to stir fry.
2. Add in the chicken thighs but add it in batches for only 2 minutes each, if you over crowd the wok you will end up stewing the chicken and we want some colour on them.
3. Now the chicken won’t be cooked all the way through, but we will finish that later on, so remove the chicken and set aside.
4. For the vegetables I add in sliced onion and bell pepper or capsicum and stir fry them for 2 minutes, then I add some chilli garlic sauce with minced garlic.
5. Next I add in some ground ginger, salt & pepper, rice wine and mix well over that high heat. Now you can add in as much vegetables as you want, you can add in broccoli as well which bulks up the dish too.
6. Add the chopped chicken thighs back into the wok and mix well.
7. Now add sesame oil, and roasted unsalted cashews, again mix that through and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Finally add in some sesame seeds, mix through and you’re ready to serve. Serve it family style or plate up individually, scatter scallions or spring onions on top along with those wok juices. Finish it with extra sesame seeds and you have a meal thats better than take out and quicker than anything uber eats can get you, plus you’ll feel so much better knowing you’ve made it and know whats in it.