Looking for an AMAZING dinner recipe that will blow you away with flavor? Well, here it is. Not only is is packed with flavor but it's so easy to make!
|Grapeseed oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Shallot||1 , mince|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , mince|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Shitake mushrooms||1/4 Pound (or gourmet blend mushroom cleaned and chopped small)|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Scallions||5 , thinly sliced|
|For dipping sauce:|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Jalapeno||1/2 , thinly sliced|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter lettuce leaves||5|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded carrots||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced green onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a saute pan over medium high heat add in the grapeseed oil and minced shallot. Cook until translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
2. To the pan add in the minced garlic and ginger, cooking another minute.
3. Add in the chopped mushrooms and let them cook until slightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Once everything is cooked put into a bowl and let it cool completely.
5. After the mushrooms have cooled add in the ground pork, sugar, fish sauce, water, salt, pepper, cilantro, and scallions. Use your hands and mix together completely.
6. Once mixed take about 1/4 cup of the mixture into your hands and roll into a ball. Put all of the meatballs onto a plate and put them into the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
7. On a griddle pan or large skillet heat up a little oil over medium heat and add the meatballs. Turn them constantly until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes depending on the size of the meatball.
8. While the meatballs are cooking make the sauce. In a small bowl add the lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, sliced jalapeno, and chopped cilantro. Stir until combined.
9. Once the meatballs are cooked serve them on top of butter lettuce and top with shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, and sliced green onions with a little spoonful of the lime sauce!