Learn how to make Mirchi Ka Salan at home with Chef Tarika Singh on Get Curried.
Mirchi Ka Salan is a popular Hyderabadi side dish served with Biryani or Pulao. To all the spicy food lovers this is a must try dish.
|Onion||1 , slice|
|Peanuts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Desiccated coconut||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (dry)|
|White sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chillies||8 Large , slitted|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Ginger piece||1/2 Inch|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the salan:|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried curry leaves||10|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Heat a pan on low to medium heat, add onion and dry roast it.
2. Once the onions are slight brown in colour, add peanuts, coconut, white sesame seeds and take them out on a plate.
3. Heat oil in a pan, lightly fry the chillies in it.
4. Grind the onion mixture that we had dry roasted earlier with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, garlic cloves,ginger, water and grind it into smooth paste.
5. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, ground paste and cook it for 5 minutes.
6. Add tamarind water,mix well and add more water.
7. Add fried chillies and let them cook.
8. Add salt, give it a good stir and our Mirchi Ka Salan is ready to serve.