Loaded sushi bowls without the carbs!
|Nori seaweed sheet
|Shredded red cabbage
|1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) ((for garnish))
|1/2 ((for garnish))
|1 Teaspoon ((for garnish))
1. So firstly we need to prep our cauliflower which is going to be our rice substitute, now I am going to cook the cauliflower florets in the microwave, so place them in a bowl and add in a small amount of water. Cover with cling film and cook into the microwave for 10 minutes or until tender.
2. Bring them out and drain any excess water, place the florets into a food processor and just pulse it until it breaks down to the size of rice, don’t take it too far though or you’ll end up with a cauliflower puree. Leave to one side while we get started on the other fillings.
3. So for the protein I am using crab meat, you can use tuna or chicken its completely up to you, to the crab I add whole egg mayonnaise along with some siracha sauce which goes so well with the crab. It wouldn’t be sushi without adding some wasabi and I also hit it with sesame oil and season with salt. Stir everything together really well and leave aside.
4. To assemble the sushi bowl, firstly I add in the cauliflower rice, on top I place our creamy crab mixture, and then I start adding my toppings, I love having some colour as well as flavour so I hitting it with red cabbage, sliced radish, grated carrot and zucchini or cucumber, of course I want that seaweed element so I have chopped up some seaweed sheets and scatter them around and also place on some sliced avocado.
6. Finally I top with sesame seeds.
7. Serve and Enjoy.
So many textures and wonderful flavours you can make large or small portions of this is completely up to you, and it makes for a great lunch to take on those busy days at work.