Throw away the bread and feast on this loaded burger bowl!
1. So into a pan over a high heat I add olive oil, and add in my ground beef, now the ground beef has a 80/20 split - that is 80 percent beef and 20 percent fat. I season with and pepper just like I would with a burger, and just like a burger I leave the ground beef to caramelise, I want the ground beef to have that burger texture, slightly crispy on the inside while staying juicing.
2. I start to break it down and then I add tomato paste, along with crushed garlic and paprika. Mix everything well and leave to cook through, this whole process should only take 5-7 minutes over that high heat.
3. Next I get onto the sauce, into a bowl add whole egg mayonnaise, along with yellow mustard, white vinegar, diced white onion and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything together and what you’ll end up with is almost like a big mac sauce, but without the sugar.
4. To serve I heap the cooked ground beef and add crispy cos lettuce, now the topping you can choose what ever you wish - I go with tomato, beetroot which is my favourite but its probably an Australian thing to add beets to a burger, I add dill pickles and shaved cheddar cheese.
5. I dollop the sauce next to it and get stuck into it. This salad is amazing and one you’ll definitely win friends with, its real simple to take to work a well and if your watching those carbs in your life then this will be a real treat.