Watch and learn how to make Chicken Dal Khichdi with our Chef Sneha Nair only on Get Curried. Chicken Dal Khichdi is one of the most unusual yet delicious rice recipes. When its chicken and rice recipes, we often start with chicken biriyani and stop at chicken fried rice. Today we have a recipe where chicken is mixed with moong dal khichdi and cooked nicely.
|Melted ghee||5 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 , slice|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seed powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Moong dal||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||To Taste , chopped finely|
1. In a pressure cooker add 4 tsp of melted ghee, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 3-4 bay leaves, 1 star anise, 6-7 cardamoms, 6-7 cloves, 3-4 green chillies, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 sliced onions, Salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp cumin seed powder and mix it well.
2. Add 1/2 kg chicken, mix nicely, add some water and allow it to cook for some time.
3. Add 1/2 cup moong dal, 2 cups of rice, chopped coriander leaves, mix nicley.
4. Fill the pressure till half with water, add 2 tsp melted ghee and cover it up, cook it for 4 whistles.
5. Healthy and delicious Chicken Dal Khichdi is ready, serve it hot!