Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Cream Cheese Frosting which is not very touch to make and can be done at the convenience of your home.
|All purpose flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (use as required)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (room temperature)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Brewed coffee||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Sour cream||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Pure vanilla extract||4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 (room temperature)|
|Light brown sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Granulated white sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
For Chocolate Cupcake:
2. Combine and sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Combine the butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl and blend with a hand mixer or use a stand mixer.
4. Mix until the butter and sugars are well blended. Add 1 egg at a time and then follow with the extract. Mix in all of the sour cream.
5. Combine the milk and coffee in a small pitcher or container. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk mixture to the batter starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
6. Mix just until the batter is well blended. The batter will be somewhat loose.
7. Lightly spray the top of the cupcake tin with baking spray and place a cupcake liner in each tin.
8. Fill each tin about three-quarters full. (Note: I used a small cookie scoop and poured in 3 scoops of batter for each cupcake.)
9. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick into one of the cupcakes and make sure it comes out clean.
10. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the tin for about 5 to 10 minutes, invert and place them on a rack to cool.
For Chocolate Ganache Cream Cheese Frosting:
11. Chop the chocolate as fine as possible.
12. Heat the heavy cream in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Dont let it boil. Once it is hot, pour it over the chocolate. Add the butter, salt, and vanilla. Mix until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
13. You can do one of the following: (a) Allow the chocolate to cool at room temperature and stir it every 10 minutes or so until it is completely cool and thick or (b) Give the chocolate ganache an ice bath stirring until it is completely cool and becomes thick.
14. Mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add and mix in the chocolate ganache along with the extract and cup of powdered sugar.
15. Taste the frosting with a clean spoon. If more powdered sugar is desired add it to the frosting in cup increments tasting it, with a clean spoon, between each addition.
Note: Leftover frosting can be placed in a freezer safe zip bag, dated, labeled and placed in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost under refrigeration 1 to 2 days in advance, remix it with a hand mixer, or stand mixer, and use where desired.
16. Serve and Enjoy!
Calories 1745Calories from Fat 885
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g155.4%
Saturated Fat 60 g300%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1104 mg46%
Total Carbohydrates 207 g69%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 157 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 6980Calories from Fat 3540
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 404 g621.6%
Saturated Fat 240 g1200%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4416 mg184%
Total Carbohydrates 828 g276%
Dietary Fiber 28 g112%
Sugars 628 g
Protein 76 g152%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet