These Santa Hat Cupcakes are perfect for the holidays, and they are easy enough for everyone to make! It's not just about the decoration, the chocolate cupcake is SO moist and delicious, and has a marshmallow buttercream frosting on top. The cupcakes can be made dairy-free.
|For the chocolate cupcakes:|
|All purpose flour||4 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||6 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole buttermilk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coffee||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the marshmallow fluff buttercream:|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce (room temperature)|
|Marshmallow creme||7 1/2 Ounce|
|Confectioner's sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||To Taste , cut|
|Sanding sugar||To Taste (optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake papers.
2. To make the cupcakes, whisk to combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the buttermilk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla, and coffee.
4. Add the wet to the dry and stir until not flour streaks remain.
5. Portion the batter in the cupcake papers, filling 2/3 to 3/4 up the sides. Bake for 22-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
7. To make the frosting, whip together the butter, marshmallow creme, and confectioner's sugar for 4 minutes on high speed, until fluffy and light.
8. Pipe the frosting onto the top of the cupcake, press a strawberry into it, and pipe a ball on top. Sprinkle with sanding sugar, if desired.
9. Serve and Enjoy!