Learn how to make a flavor packed Cuban Sandwich! From the Mojo injection Marinade to the Pit Barrel Cooker, that cooks this pork butt to perfection! Your going to love these flavors!
|Sour orange juice||20 Fluid Ounce|
|Triple sec||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Garlic powder||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm) , finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Yellow mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Deli ham slices||15|
|Big eye swiss cheese||8|
|Kosher dill slices||8|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
1. Take sour orange juice, triple sec, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin in a big bowl.
2. Whisk together everything to prepare a marinade. Bring everything to simmer and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Strain and cool the marinade.
4. Inject the marinade into boston butt and set it aside.
5. Heat olive oil in a pan and saute the garlic until it starts to release its flavor.
6. Pour all the remaining sauce into the pan and heat it through.
7. Transfer the pork butt into a gallon bag. Pour the contents of the pan to the bag.
8. Push out all the air in the bag. Place it in the refrigerator and let the butt marinate overnight.
9. Get the pit barrel cooker started for cooking.
10. Hang the pork butt in the cooker, close the lid and let it go till it reaches an internal temperature of 160 F.
11. Transfer the pork butt to a pan. Pour the leftover marinade on the pork butt.
12. Cover with an aluminium foil and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
13. Place the pan on the grill grate and cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 190 F.
14. Slice the pork butt and keep it aside.
15. Slice the french loaf into half.
16. Spread some yellow mustard on the bread.
17. Layer with ham slices, followed by pork butt slices, swiss chess and dill slices.
18. Cover the sandwich. Spread melted butter on both sides. Grill the sandwich on both sides with the help of a sandwich press.
19. Slice and serve.