This is a collaboration video between Mothers BBQ and Smoky Ribs! Chris from Mothers BBQ prepares a southern dish that is native to my region and area, and I take on a dish from his region and area! Chris does a "Blackened Catfish topped with a Crawfish Ettouffee, and I take on a Southern California dish known as "Fish Tacos"!
|For white sauce|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno||1 , cored, seeded and minced|
|Minced capers||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried dill weed||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the batter|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((Domestic variety))|
|Cod fillets||1 Pound , cut into strips|
|All purpose flour||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
For Fish Taco
1. Prepare the white sauce by mixing together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, jalapeno, minced capers, oregano, cumin, dried dill weed and cayenne pepper. Give it a good mix and set it aside.
2. Mix together all purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt to make flour mix.
3. In a separate bowl beat together egg and beer to the flour mix and create a batter. Set aside.
4. Roll fish strips in flour. Coat evenly in batter.
5. Heat a skillet with oil on a grill. Deep fry the fish strips until golden brown. Fry the tortilla as well.
6. On a plate, put a tortilla. In the center of the tortilla place fried fish, cabbage and white sauce. Roll it up, arrange on a platter and serve.