Missing out on Taco Tuesday because you're on a keto diet? Try these Keto Taco Shells out and fill them up with your favourite fillings so you don't miss out!
|Baby spinach leaves||60 Gram|
|Almond meal||40 Gram|
|Psyllium husk||2 Teaspoon|
1. So to start with, into a jug add in the baby spinach and pour over boiling water to make it wilt down. This process will only take a minute or two because the spinach wilts so quickly, once they have drain and squeeze all the excess water from the leaves and set aside.
2. Into the food processor, add in almond flour, followed by psyllium husk and your eggs. Last add in your wilted spinach, season with salt and then process the mixture until everything has combined and had become really thick.
3. Remove from the processor and roll into balls, you’ll find the texture almost like play dough and really easy to manipulate in your hands.
4. Place them on a baking sheet and flatten out with a off set spatula, shaping them out in thin round discs.
5. Place them in the oven at 180C or 350F for 10 minutes, then take out and place onto a upside down muffin tray to get that taco shape, do this while their still warm as they will bend in shape without cracking. Place them back into the over for 5-7 minutes which will dry them out and get that taco crunch texture.
6. Then its as easy as filling them up with your favourite taco ingredients, these freeze really well too just pop them in the oven to reheat so you can make a whole batch of them to make taco Tuesday at your house that much easier!