How to cook pizza on a Lonestar Grillz Offset smoker and pizza recipes. Allow me to show you another benefit of the Lonestar Grillz offset smokers! It makes a perfect pizza oven, that does a fantastic job on any pizza!
|Warm water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) ((105 degree Farenheit))|
|Active yeast||1 Packet|
|Sifted bread flour||2 1/4 Cup (36 tbs) ((Plus more for kneading))|
|Salt||1 1/4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon ((plus xtra for coating dough ball))|
Please watch video for pizza directions!
1. Dissolve sugar and active yeast to warm water (105F). Leave it for 5 minutes and the yeast will begin to form a froth at the top proving that the yeast is good.
2. Put bread flour in a bowl, create a well in the middle, pour in the yeast mix. Add olive oil and salt as well. Gradually start incorporating the flour with the yeast mix until everything is well mixed and takes dough form.
3. Knead the dough, on a floured work surface. Knead it for about 10 minutes or until it begins to have elasticity and bounces back.
4. Rub olive oil over the dough, place it back in a bowl. Cover and let the dough sit in a warm place for about 2 hours to rise.
5. Punch to knock out excess air and then place the dough in the refrigerator covered overnight. Next day remove dough from refrigerator and let it come back to room temperature. Around 2 hours. Roll out dough to build a pizza crust using extra flour to prevent sticking and build your pizza onto the dough.
6. Preheat the pizza stone to 500 F. Maintain this temperature for cooking.