I've decided to do a short wood fired pizza series, and I'm starting it with one of my all time favorite pizza and sandwich! "Philly Cheese Steak"! I made a crust that is used in Naples, Italy on the "Vera Pizza Napoletana" or as we say here in America "True Neapolitan Pizza". I decided not to do a Neapolitan pizza, because it has been done so many times on YouTube, and there is only one correct way to do it, so I decided to use the crust only, and go from there. This pizza was so good! I will be making these many many times in the future. Hope you enjoy the video, and sorry for the long length, but to give proper instruction, it does require a little time, and thank you for your time.
|For pizza dough|
|Tipo 00 flour||500 Gram ((Napoli, 4 Cups))|
|Warm water||325 Gram ((1 1/2 Cups PLus 2 Tablespoon))|
|Salt||10 Gram ((2 teaspoon))|
|Active dry yeast||3 Gram ((1/2 teaspoon))|
|Rib eye||1 Pound , frozen and sliced really thin|
|Red onion||1 , sliced|
|Bell pepper||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Baby portobello mushrooms||4|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Mexican cream||9 Tablespoon ((Crema Mexicana))|
|Provolone cheese||14 Ounce , shredded|
1. Mix together tipo flour, active yeast, salt and warm water together. Knead for about 20 minutes to form a dough. Cover the dough and keep it for 2 hours in a warm place for the dough to rise.
2. Cut the dough in 3 equal sizes, place them individually on a styrofoam plate and cover with saran wrap. Leave it for another hour for the dough to rise.
3. Prepare the oven for baking the pizza. Heat it upto 600 F.
4. Heat a cast iron skillet, drizzle some olive oil. Saute onions, bell pepper and mushrooms for few minutes. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Throw in the sliced meat. Season again. Cook the steak for a ouple of minutes more or until done.
5. Play around with the dough and stretch it to make a 10 inch pizza base. Place the dough on a pizza peel line with corn meal. Dock the dough with a pizza docker.
6. Spread a thin layer of creme mexicana over the pizza base. Generously sprinkle provolone cheese over the pizza base.Spread steak and vegetable mix all over the base. Sprinkle another layer of provolone over the top.
7. Slide the pizza into the oven and bake it for 7 to 10 minutes. Repeat the same to make other pizzas.
8. Slice and serve the pizza warm.