A subscriber sent me this recipe for his KILLER version of the "Aussie Burger". Great stuff! Thank you Luke!
|Please watch the video for ingredients.|
1. Top bun - I use Brioche - but any will work fine!
2. Garlic Aioli sauce
3. Your best BBQ sauce - I use an Aussie Outback BBQ sauce
4. 2-3 BEETROOT slices. This is the Aussie twist! (more info below)
5. 1-2 Tomato slice(s)
6. Lettuce - I use Green Oak because that’s the easiest for me to get
7. 1 Short cut bacon rasher (not sure what you guys call it over there - British Bacon perhaps?)
8. 1 Slice of cheese - I have tried both cheddar and colby cheese, and both work well. Other cheeses should work too!
9. 1 Beef patty - I like to use Australian Angus (some of the best beef in the world!) - with the standard salt and pepper
10. Caramelised onions - I use a tiny bit of sugar to help the caramelisation - put a good amount of onions on there to cover the bottom bun, but not too many.
11. Bottom bun.
12. Serve hot.