I love Arabic food! Growing up in the Middle East I grew up with Kaftas, Kebabs, Seekhs and so much more. In this recipe I made burger patties with Middle Eastern spices and fire them up on my charcoal grill. These are stuffed into a pita with a tahini sauce!
|Diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground beef||500 Gram (about 1 lb)|
|Ground lamb||500 Gram (about 1 lb)|
|Spice mix||2 Tablespoon (Kafta spice)|
|Aleppo pepper chili flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground white pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Pita bread||3 (for serving)|
1. Add the tsp of salt to the Onion and add to a cheesecloth to drain out excess moisture - you can also give it a little bit of a squeeze to get started.
2. Add the beef and lamb to a bowl.
3. Add the kafta spice, red aleppo peppers, cinnamon powder & salt.
4. Add the onion after the moisture has been removed.
5. Add the garlic and parsley and mix.
6. Add the white Pepper and add this in.
7. Grab a fist full of the meat, make a flattened patty and stack these between sheets of parchment paper.
8. Stack the patties between parchment paper and freeze.
9. Cook on a coal BBQ
10. Cut pita pockets in half and serve these stuffed with kafta burgers, tahini sauce and some greens