Today, let's make a Perfect Vanilla Sponge Cake in Pressure Cooker. This super-soft spongy basic cake is a perfect eggless cake for you to make as a base cake for gateaux, pastries or even as a tea cake.
|Salt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Baking)|
|Powdered sugar||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare a 7 inch cake tin by cutting parchment paper for it. Alternatively you can use butter paper or grease cake tin with butter and dust with flour.
2. Add 1 cup of salt in a pressure cooker, then plate a perforated plate and a utensil wire stand in the bottom. Close the lid, remove the whistle and let it heat in medium-high flame.
3. In a mixing bowl, add butter, oil, powdered sugar and whip for a minute or two. Once it looks creamy, add in the condensed milk and start whipping until thick and slightly fluffy.
4. Mix Vinegar, Vanilla Essence with the Room Temperature Milk and keep aside for a minute.
5. Sieve the Flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder together to mix everything well and incorporate air.
6. Get back to the condensed milk mixture and add in half of the milk vinegar mixture and mix to ensure everything's incorporated. Add all of the dry flour mixtures and whisk to ensure there are no lumps. Gradually add rest of the milk mixture to form a smooth & luscious batter.
7. Stick the parchment paper to the cake tin using a little bit of batter and then pour all of the batter inside the cake tin.
8. Place the cake tin with batter carefully inside the cooker using tongs/mittens and close. Adjust heat to medium-low and bake for 40-45 mins without the whistle. You can alternatively bake in an oven at 180 C for 40 mins.
9. Check the cake with a toothpick by poking it in the center, if it's clear take the cake tin out, let it cool down to room temp. If you feel the crust is slightly crispy you can cover with a damp muslin so that the steam does it's job whilst the cake is out of the cooker.
10. After the cake is at room temp, take it out, remove the parchment paper.
11. The cake is ready for you to use. Serve & enjoy :)