Learn how to make fruit cake, a delightful cake recipe for Christmas by Anushruti.
Cake plays a vital role in Christmas celebration and if you are looking for a good fruit cake , you must give this cake a try. It will be sure to delight, please and appeal to all of your being! So watch the video and learn how to make Fruit Cake only on Rajshri Food.
|Granulated sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla custard powder/Cornstarch||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare a 7” round cake tin by greasing it well with oil or butter and lightly dusting it with plain flour. Tap to remove excess flour from the surface of the pan. Alternatively, grease the pan and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. In a saucepan, heat the milk. Stir in the sugar and after it melts completely set it aside to cool to room temperature.
3. After the milk reaches room temperature, add the custard powder and vanilla extract and mix well with a whisk. Add in the butter and mix again.
4. Heat the oven to 160 degrees centigrade/325 F.
5. In a large mixing bowl, assemble the flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix with a whisk. Pour in the prepared milk mixture and mix well with a whisk until there are no lumps. Alternatively use an electric hand mixer/beater.
6. Put the batter into the prepared pan/tin and bake for 55 minutes to 60 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Let it cool. Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: If using cornstarch instead of custard powder add a pinch of yellow colour and additional vanilla extract.