Rainbow Cake, a cake with 6 colorful layers of cake sandwiched with whipped cream and drizzled with colorful white chocolate ganache is a perfect cake for any occasion! Today, we're making this rainbow cake in a pressure cooker without eggs.
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Condensed milk||320 Gram|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Liquid food coloring||To Taste (abt 1/2 tsp each|
|Sugar syrup||7 Tablespoon|
|White chocolate||250 Gram|
|Sugar confetti||To Taste|
1. Preheat cooker by adding a cup of salt , place a wire stand and cover the pressure cooker without the rubber gasket.
2. To make the cake batter, first sift the dry ingredients, i.e; flour, baking soda and baking powder. Sieve it so that everything is well mixed and some air is incorporated to the dry mix.
3. Next mix vinegar and vanilla essence with the milk and keep it aside for a few minutes.
4. Into a large bowl, add room temperature butter, oil, and powdered sugar. Whip it for a minute to ensure that the sugar is well dissolved.
5. Next add condensed milk and whisk until thick pale texture.
6. Add half of the milk vinegar mixture, and all the flour mix and then pulse it a couple of times. Slowly pour in rest of the milk and whisk in lower speed.
7. As the batter is ready, divide it into 6 equal portions and color each of them using some liquid food color for the rainbow. (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet) and transfer to 5.5 inch greased & lined cake tins.
8. Bake the cakes in the cooker for 10-14 mins. You can bake two layers at once by placing a wire stand in between. Alternatively, you can bake them in an oven at 180C for 12 - 14 mins in a preheated oven. Let the layers cool down to room temp after baking.
9. To frost the cake: Whip 400ml non dairy whipping cream until stiff peaks.
10. For assembling, remove the parchment paper from the cakes. In a turn table, place a cake base, dab a little bit of whipped cream and place the first layer of violet color cake.
11. Using a serated knife, even out the cake from the top. Spray sugar syrup onto the cake to make it moist evenly.
12. Take some whipped cream and spread it around the cake evenly.
13. Repeat the same by layering, next will go blue color, cream, green cake, cream and yellow orange and red cakes sandwiched cream in between respectively.
14. Over the last layer, i.e; red , place and dollop of cream and spread it well. Do the same with the sides of the towering cake. After done with a thin crumb coat, place the cake for chilling for 30 minutes.
15. After 30 minutes, do the final icing of the cake, take huge dollops of cream and spread it even making it pristine white.
16. For final look, take some white chocolate and some fresh cream and melt it together. Making it a ganache.
17. Next cool it down, divide it into 6 equal portions, add colors to individual bowls and mix well.
18. Use spoons to make rainbow pattern on the cake all round the sides of the cake.
19. Sprinkle some confetti on top of the cake. And, voila! The Rainbow Cake is ready for digging in!