Betty demonstrates how to make a Chocolate Chess Pie. This pie is similar to the traditional Southern Chess Pie, but it also contains cocoa powder.
|Pie crust||9 Inch|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||3 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||5 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipped cream||To Taste|
|Fresh mint leaves||To Taste|
1. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
2. Add beaten eggs, melted butter, evaporated milk, and vanilla.
3. Mix well, using low to medium speed of an electric mixer, until smooth.
4. Pour into an unbaked pastry shell (pie crust) and bake at 350 degrees (F) for about 30 to 45 minutes, or until center is set. (A knife inserted into the center should come out clean.)
5. Let cool completely and then cut into wedges.
6. Serve with whipped cream and fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!