For Diwali, Holi, Durga Puja, Dussera, Navratri or just any occasion this quick Burfi can be made in under 30 minutes. This easy method is made by using Milk powder and it turns into a fudge in no time at all.
|Ghee/Clarified butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk powder||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced pistachios||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (or any other nuts)|
1. Melt the ghee and add the milk.
2. Add the seeds from the cardamom pods.
3. Add in the milk and sugar and keep stirring with a silicone spatula.
4. The mixture will first look dry and then as the sugar melts it will start looking like dough.
5. Remove and add to a parchment lined tin and press down.
6. Add the nuts and press down.
7. Allow to cool and then cut.
8. Serve and enjoy!