This week we have a wonderful, and quick Meatball Sandwich recipe that you're going to love. You can make these sandwiches or have the meatballs and marinara over your favorite pasta. Enjoy!
|Hot italian pork sausage||1 Pound|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose seasoning||2 Teaspoon (((Grand Diamond)))|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Fresh oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Panko bread crumbs||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , mince|
|Onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , grated|
|Italian parsley||3 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , grated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Mozzeralla cheese||1 Ounce , slice|
|French bread||10 , halved|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon (((For deep frying)))|
|For the marinara sauce|
|Onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , dice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Tomato sauce||29 Ounce|
|Diced tomatoes||14 Ounce|
|Fresh oregano||1 1/2 Teaspoon , chop|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon , chop|
|Kosher salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. For the meatballs mince the garlic, grate the onions and finely chop the Italian parsley, keep it aside.
3. For the marinara sauce mince the garlic, chop the fresh oregano and fresh thyme.
4. In a large bowl combine pork sausage, ground turkey, salt, black pepper, Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning, red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme, bread crumbs, garlic, onion, parsley, parmesan cheese, 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the beaten eggs.
5. Mix all the ingredients well and do not over mix.
6. Make small meatballs about 1 inch in diameter or a size of a golf ball; keep it aside in a plate.
7. Heat up a large pan over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes, pour 3-4 tablespoon of olive oil allow it to heat up well.
8. Place the meatballs in the pan and fry the for 2-3 minutes on each side.
9. Keep enough space between the meatballs, do not crowd the pan.
10. Once all of the meatballs are browned on all sides, place them in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
11. In the meantime start making the marinara sauce.
12. In a large skillet over medium heat pour the olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until it softens.
13. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomato, oregano and thyme, salt and pepper.
14. Let it simmer for 30 minutes, about the same time as the meatballs.
15. Once the meatballs are ready put it in the marinara sauce and coat it well.
16. Cut the French bread in to half, place the mozzarella slices inside the bread and put a spoonful of meatballs along with the sauce.
17. Put some slices of mozzarella on top and serve.
If you want the cheese to melt faster put them in the broiler for few minutes.
Calories 427Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1132 mg47.17%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4270Calories from Fat 1630
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g277%
Saturated Fat 50 g250%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 11320 mg471.7%
Total Carbohydrates 410 g137%
Dietary Fiber 40 g160%
Sugars 80 g
Protein 260 g520%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet