A delicious pulled pork sandwich, topped with a coleslaw made with "Frog Bone's Spanish Moss White BBQ Sauce", and homemade east Carolina BBQ sauce! Even if you are not hungry, one bite of these, and you will find yourself eating two of them with no problems
|Pork butt||10 3/4 Pound|
|Mustard||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For barbecue rub|
|Brown sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|White sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|Smoked paprika||5 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||5 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Southwest mix||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Old bay)|
|Green cabbage head||1/2 , shredded|
|Purple cabbage head||1/2 , shredded|
|Carrot||1 , shaved into very thin slices|
|Barbecue sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Frog bone, white one)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Barbecue sauce||6 Tablespoon (For drizzling, East Carolina Homemade Sauce)|
1. Bring the kamado joe to about 350 F. Put a deflector plate over the charcoal with a dripping pan on the plate. Place a tripod stand on the plate. Rest a grill plate over the tripod stand.
2. Mix together brown sugar, white sugar, smoked paprika, sea salt, onion powder, granulated garlic, black pepper, white pepper, southwest mix, cayenne pepper and seasoning together to make a barbecue rub.
3. Rub mustard all over the pork. Spread barbecue rub all over the pork.
4. Place the pork butt, fat side down over the grill. Cover the kamado joe and let the meat cook at 250 F for an hour.
5. Meanwhile mix together coleslaw mix, white barbecue sauce, salt and pepper to make the coleslaw. Keep it in the refrigerator.
6. When the pork is done and is sort of falling apart, pull the probes out and wrap it in aluminium foil and let it rest for 1/2 an hour.
7. Pull the pork apart in a tray.
8. Toast the buns and place some pulled pork over the one bun half. Drizzle barbecue sauce over the pork.
9. Top it with coleslaw. Cover with the other bun half.
10. Serve with some iced pickles on a serving dish.