Betty demonstrates how to make Pumpkin Chiffon Pudding. This is a great dessert for Thanksgiving, although it can be used as a side dish with turkey and all the trimmings!
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon , softened|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Pumpkin puree||3 Cup (48 tbs) (100%)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream sugar, butter, and egg yolks. Add flour, pumpkin puree, and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold beaten egg whites into the mixture.
3. Pour into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Sprinkle coconut over top.
4. Bake at 350 degrees (F) until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Cool until just warm, or cool completely and chill.
6. Serve either warm or chilled. To serve, spoon pudding onto nice serving plate. Top with dollop of whipped topping, extra coconut, and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1647Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.9%
Saturated Fat 31 g155%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 189 mg7.88%
Total Carbohydrates 290 g96.7%
Dietary Fiber 25 g100%
Sugars 228 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet