On this video I'll show you how to make a Margherita Pizza from scratch and cook it on the grill.
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 Small , finely chopped|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm) , mince|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Basil leaves||6 , chop|
|Red wine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole tomatoes||28 Ounce ((1 can whole plum tomatoes))|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pizza dough||300 Gram ((as needed))|
|Corn meal||1 Tablespoon ((as needed))|
|Roma tomatoes||2 , sliced ((or more as needed))|
|Mozerella slice||3 , torn into small pieces ((as needed))|
|Fresh oregano leaves||1 Tablespoon ((or dry to taste))|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat grill to 500 degree.
2. Place a pan on medium flame and heat olive oil in it.
3. Drop onion, and garlic. Stir and cook until onions turn translucent.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add basil, red wine, tomatoes, and water. Stir and bring it to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 35-40 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool.
7. Roll and place pizza dough on wooden peel. Dust it with corn meal.
8. Spread sauce on top of pizza leaving the edge.
9. Top it with mozzarella, and tomato slices.
10. Place some fresh basil leaves and oregano leave. Drizzle olive oil on pizza.
11. Now, sprinkle corn meal on pizza stone and place pizza on it.
12. Cover the grill and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until done.
13. Cut and serve pizza hot.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1759Calories from Fat 658
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.8%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2519 mg104.96%
Total Carbohydrates 214 g71.3%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 46 g
Protein 62 g124%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet