|Orzo pasta||1/2 Pound (dry)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian sausage||2 , sliced into rounds|
|Garlic clove||4 , diced|
|Kale bunch||2 , sliced into ribbons|
|Red pepper flakes||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Pasta water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , grated (for topping)|
1. Cook pasta. Reserve 1/2 C pasta water.
2. Heat skillet. Add oil. When oil is hot, add sausages. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic, seasonings, and half of the kale.
4. Using tongs, pull up from bottom and toss, letting kale wilt. As it decreases in volume add more. Turn to low and cook for 2 minutes more.
5. Remove from heat. Add pasta water and cream. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
6. Serve kale mixture over or tossed with pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.