This Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe is full of subtle flavours, with just a light sweetness.
This cake would be great with cream cheese icing.
|Butter||120 Gram (125 mL / ½ cup)|
|Sugar||250 Gram (310 mL / 1¼ cups)|
|Pure vanilla extract||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|All purpose flour||235 Gram (400 mL / 1 ⅔ cups)|
|Baking soda||7 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter (3/4 tsp)|
|Coarse salt||2 Milliliter (1/2 tsp)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||10 Milliliter (2 tsp)|
|Buttermilk/Sour cream||175 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
|Mashed pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 ml)|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350˚F).
2. Grease and flour an 8" square cake pan.
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Beat in pure vanilla extract.
6. Stir together dry ingredients in a bowl.
7. With mixer running slowly, alternate between adding flour and buttermilk.
8. Mix in pumpkin.
9. Pour into prepared pan.
10. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
11. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
12. Serve and enjoy!