Stuffed Mushroom Caps - Thanksgiving Appetizer Idea
|Baby bella mushroom||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Italian sausage||1⁄3 Pound (fresh)|
|Grapeseed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Italian bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||To Taste (for drizzling)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Rinse the mushrooms briefly under cold running water to remove the dirt. Remove the stems and discard (or save for vegetable stock).
3. Remove the sausage from the casing and cook with a tablespoon of grapeseed oil in a skillet set over medium high heat. Use a spatula to break up the meat, and cook for about 5 minutes, until fully cooked through and brown.
4. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, the cooked sausage, parsley, parmesan cheese, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Place the stemmed mushrooms on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place 2 teaspoon scoops of the sausage filling into each mushroom cap.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the stuffing has browned.
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.3%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.5 mg20.5%
Sodium 328.6 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet