Pancakes are favorites across the world. In this Indianised version, the not-so-common buckwheat combines with sour low-fat curds and bottlegourd to make iron and fibre-rich pancakes. Have it along with tangy carrot garlic chutney or green chutney for a delicious treat.
|Buckwheat||1 Cup (16 tbs) , washed and drained|
|Low fat curd||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Grated bottle guard||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Lauki)|
1. Mix buckwheat with sour curd and allow it to soak for an hour.
2. Blend the buckwheat to a coarse paste in a mixer.
3. Take the paste in a bowl, add ginger green chili paste, coriander, turmeric powder, asafoetida, grated bottle gourd and salt.
4. Add a little bit of water and then mix well to make the batter.
5. Grease the frying pan with a little oil. Drop in a laddle full of the batter to the pan. Rotate in a circular motion. Let it cook for a minute or so.
6. Flip, add few droplets of oil and cook for another couple of minutes.
7. Repeat and cook the remaining batches the same way.
8. Serve with tangy chutney and enjoy.