|Flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate squares||4 , melted|
|Nuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
1) Into a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2) In a second bowl, beat the egg yolks. Add in milk, oil and chocolate. Mix well.
3) Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Fold in the chopped nuts and vanilla essence.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg whites stiff. Fold in the whites into the waffle better.
5) Pour spoonfuls of the batter into a hot waffle iron.
6) Bake for 3 minutes.
7) Serve the Chocolate Waffles with a generous drizzle of maple syrup.