Betty demonstrates how to make Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Waffled Grits. These delicious waffles are made from quick or old-fashioned grits, flavored with Cheddar cheese and bacon, and then cooked in a waffle iron.
|Cooked grits||2 Cup (32 tbs) (old|
|Finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crisp bacon slices||4 , crumbled|
|Cooking oil spray||2|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnish)|
|Crumbled bacon slices||4 (for garnish)|
1. In a large container, stir cheese and bacon into cooked grits.
2. Heat waffle iron to “waffle” setting. Spray upper and lower surfaces of waffle iron with cooking oil spray.
3. Measure about ¾ cup of grits mixture for each waffle.
4. Place grits mixture in the middle of the heated, oiled waffle iron and close lid.
5. Let cook until waffle is brown and crisp on the edges and is easily removed from the waffle iron.
6. Transfer waffle to a plate and add additional cheese and bacon, if desired. Serve while hot.