Looking to make your own Salad dressing? Ryan from Sobeys shows you some Classic Salad Dressing Variations.
Learn how to make a classic French vinaigrette, a zesty dressing perfect for a fresh salad.
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , smashed|
|Grainy dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1/4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1/4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Capers||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black olives||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, combine garlic and Dijon mustard. Pour vinegar in it, and whisk together to combine.
2. Add olive oil, a little at a time whisking it constantly.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Mix it well.
4. Add capers and black olives in the bowl. Stir.
5. Spoon vinaigrette over any green salad and serve it immediately. This can also be used to dress fish or chicken.
Vinaigrette remains fresh for a week if you place it in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Take the vinaigrette out of the refrigerator, and allow it to return to room temperature before using.
You may add lemon juice, honey, shallots and fresh herbs to make it taste different.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3139Calories from Fat 3063
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 331 g509.2%
Saturated Fat 23 g115%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1276 mg53.17%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet