This extraordinary entrée combines delicious Dreamfields pasta with oven-roasted seasonal vegetables and a unique pesto for a creative dish that uses simple cooking techniques.
|Olive oil||8 Teaspoon , divided (2 Tablespoons, Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Vegetables||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic cloves||8 Large|
|Chicken sausage||1 Pound , fully cooked, each cut in half crosswise on the diagonal|
|Rotini||13 Ounce (Dreamfields, 1 Box)|
|Parsley rosemary pesto||2 Tablespoon|
1) Line large rimmed baking pan (17x12x1-inch) with aluminum foil. 2) Brush lightly with olive oil (about 2 teaspoons).
3) Place 8 cups vegetables (any combination) plus garlic cloves in large bowl toss with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. 4) Place vegetables and garlic cloves in single layer in baking pan. Remove broccoli and cauliflower, if using, and reserve. 5) Roast in oven at 425°F for 15 minutes.
6) Stir vegetables. Add sausage and reserved broccoli and cauliflower. Continue roasting 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
7) Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. 8) Drain and return to pan toss with pesto. Add vegetables and sausage.
9) Transfer to platter and serve.
10) Choose 8 cups of any combination of vegetables: fennel bulbs, cut into quarters parsnips, cut into 2-inch lengths carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths medium onions, quartered broccoli florets cauliflower florets sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3339Calories from Fat 1058
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g184.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3189 mg132.88%
Total Carbohydrates 433 g144.3%
Dietary Fiber 81 g324%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 182 g364%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet