|Onion||1 , peeled and roughly chopped|
|Ground ginger||5 Milliliter|
|Chilli powder||2 1/2 Milliliter|
|White stock/Water and 1/2 chicken stock cube||450 Milliliter (Hot)|
|Chicken drumsticks||8 , skinned|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , crushed|
|Eating apple||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind and juiced|
|Long grain patna rice||225 Gram|
|Salt||2 1/2 Milliliter|
|Corn flour||15 Milliliter|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) Heat the butter or margarine in the base of the cooker.
3) Fry the onion until lightly coloured.
4) Stir in the curry powder, ginger and chilli powder.
5) Remove the cooker from the heat and gradually stir in the stock or water and stock cube.
6) Add all the remaining ingredients, except the rice, water, salt and cornflour and stir well.
7) Place the trivet over the chicken.
8) Put the rice, water and salt into an ovenproof dish that will fit easily into the cooker.
9) Cover with a piece of greaseproof paper or foil.
10) Stand the container on the trivet.
11) Close the cooker, bring to H pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
12) Reduce the pressure slowly.
13) Lift out the container, transfer the rice to a strainer and rinse with boiling water.
14) Drain well.
15) Blend the cornflour with a little water and stir into the curry sauce.
16) Return the open cooker to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
17) Taste and adjust the seasonings of the curry, as necessary.
18) Serve the chicken curry on the bed of rice.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2070Calories from Fat 414
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.3%
Saturated Fat 19 g95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2230 mg92.92%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g86%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 36 g
Protein 150 g300%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet