|Italian sausages||4 (Hot Or Sweet)|
|Green beans||1/4 Pound|
|Broccoli florets||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From 1 Large Stalk)|
|Yellow squash||1 Small|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , softened|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , pressed|
|Dried basil leaves||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Linguine||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the dessert:|
|Angel food cake||1 (Baker'S)|
|Orange juice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Seedless green grapes||1/4 Pound|
|For the salad:|
|Romaine head||1 , washed, crisped|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared salad dressing||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Italian bread loaf||1|
1) In a large skillet, add 2 cups of water and sausages. Cook covered for 20 minutes.
2) Slice the mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini, squash and onions. Trim the ends of the green beans and cut them in diagonal halves. Separate the broccoli florets.
3) Mix together softened butter, garlic and basil.
4) Slice the Italian Bread loaf and spead the slices with the seasoned garlic butter.
5) Place the Angel Food Cake on a raised platform. Poke holes in the top of the cake.
6) In a small saucepan, add in orange juice, 1/4 cup of apricot preserves and rum. Let the mixture boil. Spoon the mixture over the cake.
7) Cook the pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water as per its packet instructions. Drain. Transfer into a platter. Drop 3 tablespoons of butter. Toss well.
8) Melt 1/2 cup apricot preserves in a saucepan. Brush it over the cake. Arrange the drained grapes over and around the cake. Refrigerate.
9) Take the sausages out from the skillet. Throw away the liquid.
10) In the same skillet, add in 1 tablespoon of oil. Saute the mushrooms, red pepper and onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
11) In a skillet with 1/2 cup water, add in sliced sausages, green beans, broccoli. Simmer covered for 5 minutes.
12) In a salad bowl, add in the romaine leaves. Add in sliced avocado tossed with lemon juice. Serve the dressing on the side.
14) To the sausages, add in the zucchini and squash. Simmer covered for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables into the linguine. Toss well. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
13) Broil the garlic bread till it turns a light golden.
14) For dessert, serve the Angel Food Cake dressed in apricot preserves.
Calories 1471Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.8%
Saturated Fat 19 g95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1117 mg46.54%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g63%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 54 g
Protein 43 g86%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 5884Calories from Fat 2108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 244 g375.2%
Saturated Fat 76 g380%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4468 mg186.16%
Total Carbohydrates 756 g252%
Dietary Fiber 60 g240%
Sugars 216 g
Protein 172 g344%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet