|Onion||1 Medium , sliced|
|Courgettes||12 Ounce , sliced into 1/2 inch slices (350 Gram)|
|Aubergine||1 Small , sliced into cubes|
|Water||3/4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock cube||2|
|Artichoke hearts||14 Ounce , drained, quartered (1 Can, 597 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Top of milk||3 Tablespoon|
|Stuffed green olives||8|
1. Put onion, courgettes and aubergine in a pan with the water and stock cubes.
2. Add the salt and bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until just tender, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Drain, reserving the liquid.
4. Arrange the vegetables in an ovenproof serving dish and add the artichoke hearts and keep hot.
5. Blend the butter and flour together to a smooth paste.
6. Stir into the hot reserved liquid and bring to the boil, stirring until thickened.
7. Cool slightly, add the egg and top of the milk and stir to blend.
8. Reheat to just under boiling point, check for seasoning and pour over the vegetables.
9. Garnish with the sliced olives and serve.