Over the holidays, the leftovers are just as abundant as the main meal. On this episode of Great Everyday Meals, I take some infamous Thanksgiving leftovers and give some great ideas on how to turn them into brand new meals. First is a Thanksgiving Dinner Empanada recipe, taking pie dough, cutting them into perfect circles and stuffing them with leftover turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing and gravy. What you get after brushing the empanadas with a little egg wash and baking them in the oven, are beautiful Thanksgiving pockets of empanadas. They are absolutely delicious and such a fun new way to serve Thanksgiving dinner leftovers, away from the typical Thanksgiving leftover sandwich.
Second, I took day old rice, some turkey of course, leftover corn and steamed green beans and tossed them together with a little scrambled eggs and soy sauce to make a fried rice recipe that revamps these Thanksgiving leftover ingredients.
I hope you enjoy this episode! What kind of recipes do you make with you Thanksgiving leftovers?
|For thanksgiving leftover empanadas|
|Pie dough||3 (cut into 6 circles)|
|Leftover turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Leftover stuffing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Leftover cranberry sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Leftover gravy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
|For turkey fried rice|
|Onion||1 Small , diced (or medium shallot)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , finely chopped|
|Roasted turkey breast||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) , diced|
|Cooked brown rice/Fried rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
For Thanksgiving Leftover Empanadas
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Stuff each pie dough with about 2 tablespoons turkey, 1 tablespoon stuffing, 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce, 1 teaspoon gravy. Slowly fold the dough over into a half moon and seal the edges with an edge of a fork. Repeat with all the empanadas.
3. Brush each empanada with beaten egg and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Serve with some green salad.
For Turkey Fried Rice
1. In a pan, heat oil on high heat.
2. Add onions and garlic and saute until onions become tender.
3. Add in the turkey and heat through, followed by the cooked rice and toss with ingredients.
4. Next, add in the corn and scrambled eggs and toss.
5. Stir in the chopped green beans and toss with soy sauce. Stir fry for a few minutes.
6. Serve with some cranberry fried rice.