In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Dark Chocolate Truffles for Valentine's Day. These are delightful and so easy to make!
|Dark chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
|Heavy whipping cream||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioner's sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place the dark chocolate chips in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a small saucepan over low to medium heat, bring heavy whipping cream to the boiling point. Do not boil.
4. Pour the hot cream over the dark chocolate chips in the bowl. Stir until the chocolate dissolves.
5. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 1 hour until thick and semi-solid.
6. Scoop out tablespoon-sized portions of truffle mixture and place on lined baking pan.
7. Refrigerate them for about 30 minutes, form each tablespoon into a round ball. When each ball is formed, place it back on the parchment paper-lined pan.
8. Roll each of them in confectioner's sugar, shake off the excess sugar, and place on a nice serving dish.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2408Calories from Fat 1245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g221.5%
Saturated Fat 69 g345%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 948 mg39.5%
Total Carbohydrates 285 g95%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 179 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet