A delicious dessert and can be varied according to your own special likes and dislikes. Add alcohol to the jelly for an extra kick, soak the fruit in alcohol, use premade ingredients or make your own.
|Egg custard sauce/Ready made custard||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Jam sponge roll||1 , sliced in 1 centimeter|
|Thick cream||500 Milliliter|
|Frozen fruits||500 Gram , thawed|
|Icing sugar||75 Gram|
|Marsala||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cherry fruit jelly||2 Cup (32 tbs) , chopped|
|Chocolate flakes||1 , crushed|
1. In a bowl, strain the thawed frozen fruits.
2. Roughly chop the jelly.
3. Using a serrated knife, cut the sponge cake into 1-centimetre slices.
4. In a serving bowl, arrange ½ of the cake slices, to cover the bottom of the bowl.
5. Using a tablespoon, drizzle or brush ½ of the marsala on the sponge cake, to just wet the cake and not to make it soggy.
6. Put ½ of the jelly over the sponge and spread evenly.
7. Pour ½ of the custard over the jelly.
8. Throw in ½ of the drained fruits and spread it over the custard.
9. Spoon the cream on top and spread well.
10. Repeat the process to make another layer on top, using the remaining cake, marsala, jelly, custard, fruits and cream.
11. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 6 hours, or until chilled well.
12. Sprinkle the chocolate on the top and serve chilled.
Reserve the liquid from fruits and use that to make jelly.