One of San Diego's favorite burgers. Very simple and really good!
|80/20 ground chuck||1 Pound , coarsely ground|
|American cheese slice||2|
|Green leaf lettuce||50 Gram (as needed)|
|Red onion slice||2|
1. Roll meat into two equal sized patties and place them on flat surface of grill. Cook over very low heat for 5 minutes.
2. Open the bun and place the bottom side down on a cast iron skillet placed over the grill or light toast.
3. After 5 minutes, smash the patties and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Flip and place a cheese slice on top, followed by the top bun slice. Cook for a little over 5 minutes. Prick with spatula and check if done.
4. On the bottom bun, spread mayo and top it green leaf lettuce, followed by tomato slices, and red onion slice.
5. Place the patty along with the bun on top.
6. Serve and enjoy!
You may also serve burgers with pickles on top.